Entry Fee's and Details
ENTRY FEES AND DETAILS
Entry Fees Are $7,990 Per Team Inc GST. Entries will open on this website on July 1st at 9am AEST.
The Premier category is mixed teams of four athletes.
Teams with a sum of ages of 190 or greater qualify for the Masters Category. Teams with a sum of ages of 110 or less qualify for the Youth Category.
Entries are accepted for teams containing four all male members or four all female members.
Team entry fee includes:
- Transfers from Launceston to St Helens
- A high quality expedition length adventure racing course in a new location
- Logistical support for event (no need for support crews)
- On-site first response teams for emergency first aid
- Kayaks for the event
- Special disciplines and equipment
- Team tracking and live race website
- Race maps for your team
- Official race vest
- XPD shirt or equivalent
- Race pack with goodies and event prizes (dependant on sponsorship)
- Download of race photos and videos
- Post race dinner and presentations
- TV production and visiting journalist program TBC
- An expedition of a lifetime!
- 10% GST
What you will need to provide:
- Travel to and from Launceston or to the event Race HQ.
- Your pre and post race accommodation (variety available from camping to 5 Star)
Entries must be made through the secure online entry page. Payments can be made through credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Bankcard) or via direct deposit. A non-refundable $1,000 deposit is due with your team registration to confirm your place. This will secure your team entry and entitle you to pre-race information packs. You do not need to have all members confirmed to enter. These may be advised at a later date. The non-refundable deposit can be paid by credit card on the entry page of this site. Entries are not accepted unless there is an approved credit card payment or direct deposits with cleared funds.
The balance of the entry fee must be paid as follows:
- Payment 2 of $3,000 AUD due 6 months before the event
- Payment 3 of $3,990 AUD due 4 months before the event
The following are compulsory pre-requisites that teams/individuals must have before they will be permitted to compete in the event. It is up to you to ensure you fulfill the requirements below:
- Each team member must have Australian ambulance cover or an Australian medical insurance policy that includes ambulance cover or travel insurance covering medical costs including medical transportation for an injury sustained during competitive event or an Australian exemption or other ambulance coverage e.g. Australian Defence Force, residents of Tasmania/Queensland etc or similar medical transportation cover such as reciprocal arrangements with your country.
- A minimum of two members of the team must have at the time of the race a first aid qualification appropriate for the activities undertaken in the event or other appropriate and relevant training and/or experience in first aid (must be outlined at race registration). Senior first aid certificate with resuscitation is acceptable.
- Agree to the conditions, declarations and indemnifications outlined in the Acknowledgment Waiver and Release form and be willing to sign this at race registration.
The event organisers have a public liability insurance policy to the value of 10 million dollars. This is a compulsory insurance policy in Australia for events that are organised on, or cross through, any form of government land/public place.
This however is not personal accident insurance for you! It is strongly recommended you have your own personal accident insurance.
Geocentric Outdoors, the organisers of XPD, have a program in place to offer discount vouchers to individuals or teams who generate positive media coverage for themselves and XPD (e.g. have articles published, appear on news, do interviews etc).
For more details see the Media Discount Voucher Page on Geocentric Outdoors.
Information on team sponsorship can be found in Team Sponsorship for Geocentric Adventure Races.
Cancellation and Refunds
Teams may officially cancel their entry at any stage prior to the event by writing, calling or emailing the race organisers. The $1,000 deposit upon registration is not refundable at any stage.
- Team cancellations up to 4 months before the event. The initial deposit is not refundable. Refund of 50% of Payment 2 and 100% of Payment 3.
- If cancellation of team entry is made after 4 months before the event. The initial deposit and Payment 2 are not refundable. Payment 3 may be transferred to the equivalent payment of the next edition of XPD only.
Teams are welcome to transfer or sell their entry to another team if available. This will be a transaction between the teams and Geocentric will not take part in the transaction. Geocentric must be notified as soon as possible and team details must be updated.
If two teams do not have sufficient members and decide to join together, this will be strictly considered as one team canceling their entry. Refund policy will be as stated above, no exceptions.
If any member of your team fails the basic competency checks, the whole team will be disqualified and NO refund will be given. Exact details of competencies are be promulgated on this web site and in the competitor information packs.
Failure to make payments on the designated dates may result in cancellation of your entry and no refund of monies paid to that date.
If the race is cancelled due to acts of god, natural disasters, terrorism or other reasons etc, the organisers will make every effort to refund as much of the entry fee as possible to all teams. The race will not be re-schedued.